How It WorksThis is a general guide on what to expect when you make contact with us. We aim to be as flexible as possible and will always do our very best to meet your needs.
- When you first call us we will discuss the student's needs, hopes and timeframe and advise on which tests need to be taken and when. If you are new to the U.S. system we can talk you through the U.S. admissions process.
- Following this initial contact, if you are interested in tuition with us, we will send you an email confirming details that have been discussed. Enclosed will be a copy of our Terms and Conditions and Contact Details Form, both to be completed and returned to us.
- At the same time we will match the student with a tutor. The tutor will get in touch with the agreed contact person (parent or student) to arrange scheduling. Typically at least ten hours of tutoring are arranged at the outset. We offer tuition in a range of locations including your home..
- Before the first lesson we will send you an invoice. We require payment, a signed copy of our Terms and Conditions and a completed Contact Details Form before tuition begins.
- We encourage our SAT and ACT students to take a practice test (if they haven't already) before their first lesson so that we can establish a baseline and identify areas of strength and weakness. See FAQs for more information on this.
After a few lessons we get in touch with parents to make sure everything is running smoothly. Tutors also provide feedback to parents as appropriate and as the test-day approaches.
Students sit the test(s) and give us feedback about how they did.
Most candidates re-sit the SAT or ACT if they are trying for highly competitive universities, so we support them through this process. Our tutors can offer advice on whether to re-sit and continue to tutor if required.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.